Monday, July 27, 2009

Should I complain to the owner/manager?

Tonight my fiance' and I ate at the Cheesecake Factory in Providence, RI. The service was terrible(took about 1/2 hour from time of order to food on table) and we smiled and said we were patient. When the food came out my fiance' pulled a foot long human hair out of her entree'. The waitress saw this happen and then proceeded to have to food remade (approx another 1/2 hour wait). The restraunt was not abnormally busy, so I'm not sure how so many F-ups could have happened. We didn't openly complain, but the waitress did promise the manager would come and talk to us, but that never happened. We did not cause a scene or get angry with anyone. They did discount the meal by about 1/3rd, but didn't consider letting us know that until the bill was on the table. Do you think I should write a letter to the manager? If so, what should I say?



Should I complain to the owner/manager?

I think you should send a letter to the restaurant manager in Providence, and cc: the Cheesecake Factory Corporate Offices at:



The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated



26901 Malibu Hills Road



Calabasas Hills, CA 91301



Phone: (818) 871-3000



Fax: (818) 871-3100



You can also send an email to them from their website here: http://www.cheesecakefactory.com/aboutus...



I would tell them exactly what you said here. Tell them that you dine in the restaurant often, and were surprised and disappointed at the poor quality of service. Be sure to tell them the approximate time and date of your visit. Be very cordial, but let them know that you are absolutely displeased. You will probably get a response that includes an apology and a coupon or gift card toward you next visit. If you don't, then that is really bad business on their part. Good luck!



Should I complain to the owner/manager?

I think you should; make sure you let him know that the matter was resomved satisfactorily (if you believe the discount was fair), and that the staff tried to be helpful, but you should point out that your wait was unacceptably long-- he might appreciate knowing that.



Should I complain to the owner/manager?

just don't eat there again, when it comes to places that serve food one strike and you're out imo



Should I complain to the owner/manager?

Yes, write the letter and tell the manager exactly what you just told us.



Should I complain to the owner/manager?

Yes you should, let them know that you were not compleatly satisfied with your dining experience. and you would like it to be made clear that it took far too long, not to mention you didnt recieve attention from the manager that was supposed to assist you...pretty much....just say what you said above.



Should I complain to the owner/manager?

I would tell them everything that happened just as you did here. Ive never herd of them but the manager might not have really been notified



Should I complain to the owner/manager?

You should write to help avoid future problems.



If not, this will continue.



You should tell him as you wrote here and your feeling that you should be told what is happening.



Although unpleasant overall.I think it was proper for the waitress to replace the food and discount it also.



I feel strongly though that the replacement should have been hurried out sooner. Of course too soon and I would presume it is the same food!



Should I complain to the owner/manager?

No, I wouldn't complain to the manager. I'd stop eating there and call the local health department. If it is a chain of restaurants, I would complain to someone at the main office.



Should I complain to the owner/manager?

Sure. But be careful that you don't come across as whiney or it won't do any good. They will just post it in the back room and laugh at the "psycho letter".



I'd find out the manager's name %26amp; send the letter to him specifically. Let him know that you wanted to be sure to inform him of the unsatisfactory service you received. Say something about how it's one of your favorite restuarants for special occasions and tell him why that night was so important to you and your fiancee. Explain you're not meaning to complain, but you just wanted to make sure he knew so it could be resolved so not to cause a loss of public perception of what you consdier one of your favorite restuarants. Then explain what happened and leave your phone number at the bottom.



Should I complain to the owner/manager?

I feel it would have been more effective to speak to the manager in person. I think he/she would have taken you much more seriously speaking with you face to face. However, I can understand how you might not have wanted to waste another 1/2 hour waiting for the manager! Writing a letter is still a good option. The father of a friend of mine writes letters whenever he is displeased, and he gets great results. Make sure you are clear about when you were in, how busy the restaurant was, and how the situation unfolded. Get straight to the point, and let the manager know that you do not feel you were adequately compensated for your time. Good luck!



P.S. I don't honestly know how you were able to eat there after your fiance' pulled the hair out of her entree'--I would have been so repulsed that I wouldn't have been able to eat, much less enjoy, anything they would have served me after that. I guess you both have much stronger stomachs than I do!



Should I complain to the owner/manager?

I've worked in many restaurants for about 10 years and I believe that it would be worthwhile for you to write the letter to the management. Even better would be for you to write down the name of the server, the day and the time that you had dinner at the restaurant, then go in and personally meet with a manager. However, after the hair was pulled out of the food, the entire meal should have been comped. Add to that the fact that you waited for a while to have the food brought to you (approx. wait time on any food is 20 minutes, unless it's a well-done steak). Plus the added time you waited for the new food, I think you need to definitely speak to someone personally. It would make you feel better, and it would serve the management better because then they'd know what problems they need to work on.



Should I complain to the owner/manager?

I would write a letter and explain what happened. That will make a difference. It was nice of you not to get mad or make a scene. I work in customer service...sometimes things are just out of our control! Write a letter, explain what happened, like you told us, but don't complain too much. Then it would just seem like you are just trying to get free stuff, instead of just letting them know what happened.



Should I complain to the owner/manager?

Well I don't know if talking to the manager will do any good, because he's basically just going to offer you two free meals. And after the disgusting hair found in food, you might not want to go back anyway. Believe me, I've complained several times to restaurants and businesses when I wasn't completely satisfied, but most of the time they don't care. Also, he might think that discounting the meal was already enough compensation for the bad experience. What I would recommend is sending a letter to the editor of your newspaper, there's a section in our newspaper where we can write about any topic, and tell people that you had a bad experience and not visit that restaurant. Or threaten to do so with the manager, in attenpt to get a full refund. Good-Luck!



Should I complain to the owner/manager?

I would not talk to the manager I would look up the owner.The manager seems to be the problem and as a business owner myself I would want to know about this and make it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment