Monday, July 27, 2009

What are the best ways to bathe & care for my Maltese dog-Her skin and coat?

She is small-4 lbs. and get dirty outside. I hate to continually use dog shampoos on her. Can I use human hair conditioner w/o shampooing her to keep her skin from drying out? She has gotten fleas from the outside dog-I feel so bad for her. I bathe her is warm water and conditioner to get rid of the fleas. What can I do to make her comfortable while I battle this flea problem? We have used Frontline Plus on her all summer, yet now she has fleas! What should I do? What about mineral oil to smother the fleas? I don't want to irrirate her skin, and I love to hold her. But I don't want fleas myself. I just want to make her comfortable and happy! HELP.....any advice will be appreciated!



What are the best ways to bathe %26amp; care for my Maltese dog-Her skin and coat?

I'm so sorry for you and your pup. Fleas are miserable, for both of you!



First, Frontline Plus must be used year- round. Fleas are everywhere. You can also use Advantix or Revolution- both are good as well.



Second, try getting a soap- free shampoo from your vet. You can get one that is hypoallergenic and very mild to her skin. If you bathe frequently, soap- free shampoo is a must:) My maltese/yorkie mix gets more baths than normal, we love the shampoo!



Lastly, try tying up her pretty hair, or getting her a cute shirt/sweater. She won't get a sdirty outside and when she comes in, you can simply wipe her paws, take off her shirt and she is good to cuddle with on the couch!



Best to both of you:)



What are the best ways to bathe %26amp; care for my Maltese dog-Her skin and coat?

Front line plus is to be used all year round. fleas get into carpets, pet bedding , and furniture. You can go to your local health store and buy pure lavender oil, spray bedding's, carpets and furniture, it will kill off fleas and their eggs. You can also spray it directly on your dog or rinse her with it after her bath and it will not irritate her skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment