Thursday, July 23, 2009

Reborning dolls?

I asked this once earlier, but only got one answer... Over the past couple months I have become increasingly interested in roborn dolls, and learning to make them myself. I've found a couple tutorials online, but I would love to know how other artists do it. I admit, I'm slightly confused by the purple wash thing. Do I dye it? Or paint it, and if I paint it do I paint inside or out? Which method works better? If you have any examples of your work, so I can see how the techniques differ, I'd really appreciate it. Please email me, The link thing is in my profile. I'm hoping to avoid the 'dead/bruised' baby look. Also, I like the idea of rooting the hair as opposed to a wig, but I hate the look of mohair. It looks frizzy and just plain odd, in my opinion. Is there some rule about not using human hair? Or is it more a cost thing ?(having gone to cosmetology school I know how pricey a human hair track can be) Any info or tips would be much appreciated! Thanks to all the genuine answers. :)



Reborning dolls?

It's possible they didn't answer because asking for email is a violation. The purpose of yahoo answers is so others can see the answers and be helped by them as well. they can do a search and that way we don't have to read the same question repeatedly. Sorry you only got one answer the first time. Most people who do this are doing it for profit, and not really willing to give away the secrets they had to learn by trial and error.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment