Sunday, July 5, 2009

Can grey hair on a young dog mean something bad?

I have a 2 year old german shepherd. He's suffering from the dog food poisoning bs. Not to long ago, the hair under his nose turned gray. I know that in humans it can mean bad nutrition but is it the same for dogs?



Can grey hair on a young dog mean something bad?

I can't answer for a G.S....but I have a rat terrier who's 3 and by the time he was 2 he had alot of gray on his face. If you saw him now, you'd think he was 10 or so!!!! BUT...I know that rat terriers start turning gray as soon as they turn into adults...so they start turning gray a little over a year!!!!



But...since he's got a medical issue already, I'd just give any vet a call to ask. They're only a phone call away and they don't charge for answering questions. I'd be interested in what you find out too, actuallY!



Can grey hair on a young dog mean something bad?

could be a vitamin deficiency or just the trama of being poisoned. You could try brewers yeast on his food ( for the vitamins) or ask the vet. My sister had a dog who's hair was all gray (he was old) and she gave him brewers yeast and his hair turned blonde again.



Can grey hair on a young dog mean something bad?

I hope not I have a soild gray dog. WEIMARANER!!! I don't think it means anything but I could be wrong. Good luck with your boy

No comments:

Post a Comment